By now, you've probably seen the viral video of Channel 4 newsreader, Liam Dutton, succesfully pronouncing the town with the longest name in Europe - and that got us thinking: what are the longest town names in the world?
5. Azpilicuetagaraycosaroyarenberecolarrea, Spain - 39 letters
4. Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein, South Africa - 44 letters
Officially this is the longest one-word place name in the whole of Africa!
3. Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg, USA - 44 letters
This is one believed to be the longest one-word place name in the United Stated.
2. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales - 58 letters
The longest town name in Europe.
1. Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand - 85 letters
This is the longest name of any place in the world! It's the Maori name given to a mountain, but don't worry as there is a shorter version - just 57 letters long...